Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I to I - "I am Philip Gibson"



I am Tamara Monique. 

I work in an office with incoming and outgoing 'people traffic' going by my desk on the regular. Full-time, part-time, day shift, and night. One day, recently, I saw Phil with a uniquely designed graphic tee and a colorful Haiwaiian button-up shirt over it, worn undone. I was drawn to it, and his style in general. He's a quiet and friendly guy, and his arrangements were quirky and cool, both bold and subtle with color essences found within the flavor of his shirt and in the tone of his shoes. I would turn with anticipation every morning as he passed by to grab a glance of what he would show up in that day – and OUTWARDLY, I would express my enthusiasm, until one day I decided:

I need to take his picture.

By this point, we already established some things during a semi in-depth conversation, so I knew what the deal was with his shirts, including – he prints his OWN designs! Phil is a silkscreen artist, and printmaking is actually his focus in College.. as well as being a drummer in a band (or 2?), and a part-time art instructor at a university pretty much teaching young kids how to be creative outlets of their own. For someone so young, just shy of 20 years-old, it's truly refreshing to be a witness to this sort of interest, talent, and passion in the Arts, and forging ahead to make their mark on the industry in their own unique way.

"I need to take his picture" – and so I did. This is Phil, featured in his own design work:



Featured design "Til Death" currently ON SALE! http://lockstitchdesigns.bigcartel.com/

I am Philip Gibson.

Lockstitch Designs is a company based on out-of-the-box forward thinking. It is a company built on pooling together a community of entrepreneurial artists and musicians, & it is a brand that aims to be more of a "creative initiative" than a clothing company. As a designer and artist, I enjoy working as a printmaker and the medium of t-shirts in an effort to influence people to think twice about consumerism while still creating a product that looks and feels good.

My newest release is a 3/4 sleeve blk/wht baseball tee titled "No Education." Each shirt is uniquely tie dyed 1 of 8 colors and printed myself. No two pieces are identical!

Instagram @LockstitchDesigns
Twitter @LockstitchDsgns











I support the Local Artist. I am inspired by the go-getters, DIY enforcers, and unique-thinking forces behind crafts and designs that make you go "aaah".

"I to I" is a segment featuring people that I meet in depth or just pass in the street, that are incredible in their own way, and were introduced to me - so I introduce them to you.

Best of Luck, Phil*

No comments:

Post a Comment